I am again participating in the Walk for Hearing this year. And, (drum roll) it is going to be an actual walk this year at Veteran's Park on Milwaukee's lake front. I am excited to take part and asking for your support. Will you support me in this worthwhile effort
Did you know that:
- One out of ten people has a hearing loss? Chances are you know a few people with some degree of hearing loss, and,
- Untreated hearing loss affects overall health in negative ways – falls, isolation, anxiety, depression, and,
- there is a link between untreated hearing loss and cognitive decline, and,
- hearing loss can be prevented, screened for, and treated.
- The HLAA Walk4Hearing brings people together in communities to create awareness about hearing loss.
Since 2006, the HLAA Walk4Hearinghas raised more than $13 million and has become the largest walk for hearing health.
Why I Walk
I walk I want others to know that they are not alone and something can be done to live well with hearing loss no matter what age or level of hearing. I am motivated by being part of a larger mission as well as enjoying the camaraderie, meeting others who have hearing loss.
Please make a donation to my personal Walk4Hearing page. Your donation supports the Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA) and local communities by providing information, education, support, and advocacy.
Take Charge of Your Hearing Health and Get Your Hearing Screened
I hope you will consider supporting or joining me at the Walk4Hearing. Thank you!
For more information about HLAA, please visit hearingloss.org.